Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mission #200


Mission #200
Originally uploaded by Gamethyme
I'm still recovering from GenCon. It was good/great/magnificent.

It was a show filled with highlights for me - I'll try to get a post up later this week about it, but it may be next week.

The image you see here is one of my highlights: It's the scorecard from my 200th Virtual World Battletech Mission. It's also the first time I set foot in a VWE pod since the Wizards of the Coast Game Center in Seattle closed, nearly a decade ago. I'd saved my 200th mission for my birthday, and the center closed between 199 and my birthday.

I just want to thank John and Katie for recruiting enough players to fill an Advanced-level mission at GenCon.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds intersting, is that the old VR game. Very bad gfx? I think I played it once in London many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the VR Pods, but the graphics have been dramatically upgraded - they now match the Mechwarrior 4 game that was available for the PC.

    I had an absolute blast, and it makes me want pods here in Seattle again. Badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it has been over a decade now. It was fun times playing Battletech VR and afterwards having dragon wings and Thomas Kemper root beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo! You should be aware there's a new BT Center just opened in Seattle called The Airlock if you haven't been there yet.

    And if you ever get to Houston, well... let us know over at MechCorps. We'll show you a fun time.

    ReplyDelete